Is it safe to take ultragestan during pregnancy?

Mar 2016

My daughter is 10 weeks pregnant and has some brownish spotting. The doctor did an ultrasound and said the baby is fine, but gave her ultragestan without a hormone test? Why should she take ultragestan? Are there any possible effects on the baby?
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Mild spotting is quite common during early weeks of pregnancy. ULTRAGESTAN is a micronised progesterone supplement which will support her pregnancy and prevent natural miscarriage or pregnancy loss (if any) in the later weeks. It is not harmful to growing fetus or baby also. Therefore, she can take this as per her doctor's recommendation. In addition, she must avoid heavy work, long journey, lifting heavy objects and take complete bed rest. Take healthy protein rich diet with vitamin & Folic acid. Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish her good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW