Is it safe to take two clonidine tablets?

I took two clonidine tablets by mistake, thinking they were another daily med. am I going to be okay?
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No need to worry you will be okay. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to health care magic Clonidine is commonly used for treatment of hypertension. It is also used for treatment of migraine and some psychiatric problems. The common side effects seen with clonidine are depression,dizziness, confusion, hypotension. The drugs peaks in action rapidly and its maximum action is seen after 60 to 70 minutes and it is excreted rapidly. Hence the toxic side effects are rarely seen with two drugs being taken together. Hence no need to worry you will be alright. Please let me know if you have any further questions. With regards Dr Dadapeer K