Is it safe to take tramadol for my Lower Back Degeneration?

I am currently in NC and go to the Health Department for my Lower Back Degeneration. Until I get medical insurance (I am a fulltime student about to graduate with my second degree!!) pain management with Tramadol has been my affordable option. It works great and does not make me "loopy"! I do not like taking anything stronger than this. Having said this, the PA that had me on a regimen of 50mg of tramadol (up to 8 a day) has taken a leave of absence. Another doctor has taken his place and she has stopped prescribing the same. I would like to continue being able to take care of myself until I can afford physical therapy and other alternatives to improve my back. I am working on losing weight and strengthening my back with exercises for now to help with the overall problem. This can be hard at times when I hurt so much! Is there a way I can have a doctor hear my case and help me keep taking Tramadol. Maybe online? I would go to the Urgent Care but again it costs so much and it is not like I can keep going to them like a PCP. My situation is the same... my back hurts EVERYDAY. Some days are better than others. The Tramadol helps me get back my quality of life (and I love my life and want to be a part of it) ! I feel like me again! I feel lost not having the money to go to the doctor to work on this issue. I am healthy on all other fronts and besides annual exams I do not often go to the doctor.
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer: the medicine cannot be prescribed online Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read your query and understand your concerns. I am sorry; I do not think an online prescription can work for you. In fact, it would be medically unethical to do the same without examining the patient. I understand your need for Tramadol and how it helps you. Perhaps, you need to consult a new doctor/PA/PCP to get a prescription for the same. Sorry about it but get well soon.