Is it safe to take tetrabenazine along with Brintellex and Xanax?
User rating for this question
I have tardive dyskinesia of the tongue. It is a side effect of taking Abilify. I have had it over a year. I had one botox shot that didn't work. Now I'm thinking about taking tetrabenazine. The problem is that I have moderate depression. I'm taking 40 mg. of Brintellex for the depression and 40 mg. of Xanax for the dyskinesia. Do you think it would be safe to try tetrabenazine?
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Try clonidine instead of tetrabenazine. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for choosing WWW.WWWW.WW Sorry to learn about your problem. Tardive Dyskinesia is best treated by stopping the offending drug so if your are on abilify, consider to stop it after consultation with your doctor.Tetrabenazine can be tried but it has Depression as the most common side effect(in 15-20% of cases) so it has to be considered after weighing pros and cons. I would suggest to try clonidine ,instead of tetrabenazine for TD , after discussion with your doctor. Hope this information is helpful DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
People also viewed
- Is fever a side effect of tetrabenazine?
- Is unexplained bleeding or bruising a side effect of keppra?
- Is seizures a side effect of fosinopril/hydrochlorothiazide?
- Dry mouth eltroxin side effects
- Duoluton l tablets side effects and how to treat them
- Is it safe to take xanax and drive
- Duphaston and improve fertility
- Safe to take nyquil and xanax
- Safe to take xanax that is five years old
- Duphalac syrup safe for pregnant lady
- Is convulsions a side effect of alendronate/cholecalciferol?
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of tizanidine?
- Duphalac safe for 3 years old
- Is nasal congestion a side effect of tetrabenazine?
- Is tingling of the hands or feet a side effect of lopressor?