Is it safe to take testosterone injections for low libido?

Excellent
Question
hi, Im 32 male and my testosterone level is 231 ng/dl ( reference range is 241-827). My libido is very low and often i have problems to keep erection during sex. I have a wife and we planning to have a kids so i wanna be back to healthy. Please tell me if i will take testosterone injections( terapeutical dosage of propionate 25mg 3 times a week) it won't get worst? I heard that even low dosage of testosterone can lower sperm count and quality so is XXXXXXX i guess if i wanna have kids! So what do you recommend?
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Exogenous testosterone will alter fertility. Detailed Answer: Good Day and thank you for being with healthcare magic! You are correct in saying that exogenous testosterone will definitely decrease sperm production and alter your chances in being able to have a baby. First how many years have you been trying it have a baby? I would suggest doing a baseline sperm analysis to determine if your sperm parameters are optimal and adequate to conceive a child. There are variety of ways to increase testosterone levels without affecting sperm production. 1> If you are overweight it's time to lose the extra pounds and having a healthier lifestyle will make boost your testosterone. This goes in hand with exercise (high intensity and interval training) have been shown to boost testosterone levels assuming that you don't have any medical condition that would limit your physical activity. Eating less sugars and increasing lean meat consumption would also boost testosterone. 2> Supplementation with Zinc and Vitamin D would also increase testosterone naturally. There are a lot of products that contains adequate amounts of zinc and vitamin d . Vitamin D should be no more than 50-70mg/dL and Zinc should be no more than 40mg/day. 3>Reducing stress will also help in increasing testosterone. Limiting stress at work and at home and enjoying relaxation activities. I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes.

Follow-up: Is it safe to take testosterone injections for low libido? 12 minutes later
I did sperm analysis and I uploaded it here so you can see

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Semen analysis looks good Detailed Answer: Good day and thank you for th upload, Your semen parameters are optimal according to W.H.O. criteria.

Follow-up: Is it safe to take testosterone injections for low libido? 7 minutes later
yes I know the result seems fine but I have no libido and how I'm going to make a babe;) my prolactin level is low, LH and FSH are in range, cholesterol is low, testosterone is very low, liver and everything else is fine. I inject myself a week ago with HCG for a few weeks and I took Clomid for 4 week I think but it didn't help me. During a cycle it was a little better but after I stopped its same:(

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Your testosterone is not very low. Detailed Answer: dear mr XXXX, In my opinion you don't need to go through a cycle of clomid and HCG injections because it might alter your normal sperm parameters. High prolactin levels will decrease your testosterone production in the body. A low prolactin level signifies low sexual gratification. My suggestion is do the above mentioned natural ways to boost testosterone and living a healthier lifestyle. It will take time to correct the body hormone levels and the baby will come on its own time. Variation in sexual activities would also help boost sexual activity, libido and sexual interest. At the age of 32 you are at your sexual prime period and you maybe feeling a bit of pressure to make a baby causing undue stress thereby decreasing testosterone and libido. Have fun with your wife, bring back the romance and the libido will follow. I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes.