Is it safe to take rejestrone tab to postpone periods? How does it work?

Sep 2012

I have my wedding on 24th nov and my doctor has advised me to take Rejestrone tab from 15th to 18th twice a day,and when I stop she said i will get within it advisable to use the tablet.
Posted Wed, 5 Dec 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later
Thank you for posting a question.

Firstly, if you want to have your period before your marriage, then you have to take the medicine. It contains progesterone analogue. But one thing, it cannot lead to your period within 2 days. It varies person to person. Maximum time period is seven days. So, no guarantee can be given for your period, occurring within 2 days.

For giving instruction, I need some answers of the following questions
1.     What is the average time your normal menstrual cycle?
2.     What is the duration of period?
3.     What is your expected date of period?

For a better opinion, give these answers in follow up question and I will provide you my opinion.

Follow-up: Is it safe to take rejestrone tab to postpone periods? How does it work? 40 minutes later
On August it was on 24th,September22nd,In october it was on 25th.
Expected is on 23rd probably.
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 35 minutes later
Thank you for writing back.

So, your expected date is 23 rd November. Today is 15th. So, you have no other choice. You have to take the drugs from 15th to 18th. If you decided to take medicine for period, few days back, then you could start the medicine early., and this could give you relief before your marriage. but in present situation, you may or may not get period free time during your marriage. Because, there is only 7 days in your hand after completing the course.

So, start the medicine. Hope for the best.
Best of Luck for your married life in advance.