Is it safe to take protein powder, omega and calcium tablets daily?

My parents have started taking amway product like protein powder, omega and calcium tablets. Is it safe to consume them daily? Also should they consume it at all before consulting a doctor?

Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Himanshu Pandey 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take for 2 week and give a break

Detailed Answer:

There are many product in market some are effective and some are under evaluation from FDA to know their side effect in long term. Here what we have to remember is age means how much their body adjuct these extra protein and calcium means dose. So it means give them in small amount daily for 2 week and take break for one week. As too much protein can damage kidney and extra calcium heart. Along with this your mother should ask to her osteologist where there she can take alternative medicine like massage and your father should check himself where there he is diabetic , overweight, hearth problem or kidney and prostate issue. In the end want to say take these suppliment in small quantity and then give a break. But more depend upon natural resource like pulse, milk, lemon, fruits.

If you have further question do ask me.

Follow-up: Is it safe to take protein powder, omega and calcium tablets daily? 5 hours later
But what i understood is that these are organic products and they dont accumulate in the body. Please advice.
Answered by Dr. Himanshu Pandey 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please read below my advise

Detailed Answer:
Hi thanks for asking again. Yes they advertise it as completely organic and natural but body has it's own limit for storage and utilization and absorption. For example if we take too much protein and body can't absorb, releasing it byproduct back to system for excrection. Now who excrete this byproduct is kidney or liver. By giving extra work to them. Some time they don't work as they have to resulting in accumulation of protein in system. Resulting in disease. And example if person having kidney disease can't take protein drink in excess. So as i earlier said be more depend upon natural product some experimental substance can harm her as age is also a factor. if any question do ask me !