Is it safe to take primolut while breast feeding and will it affect my baby?

OBGYN
Question
i am 29 yr old. i have a 6mnth old baby gal. normal delivery. i have a ceremony and looks like my periods will or have just start. i ned to avoid periods for next 10 days. can i have promultin 5mg? will it have any side effect on thr baby who ia being breastfed in anyway? is it safe for mt baby? if so what dosage
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments: 1) PRIMOLUT-N or other hormonal pills (high dose) should be AVOIDED during breast feeding to baby as it passes through breast milk and can cause virilisation of female baby on long time consumption. 2) In my opinion, you should STOP breast feeding for next 10 days while you will take PRIMOLUT-N to delay or postpone your period. It is taken 5 mg twice daily. 3) You should give supplementary baby foods or bottle feed milk for next 10 days as your baby is already 6 months old. You can resume breast feeding after stop taking PRIMOLUT-N. It will be BENEFICIAL for you. Hope, I have guided you properly. Let me know, if you need any further clarification. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW