Is it safe to take primolut while breast feeding and will it affect my baby?
User rating for this question
i am 29 yr old. i have a 6mnth old baby gal. normal delivery. i have a ceremony and looks like my periods will or have just start. i ned to avoid periods for next 10 days. can i have promultin 5mg? will it have any side effect on thr baby who ia being breastfed in anyway? is it safe for mt baby? if so what dosage
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Soumen Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments: 1) PRIMOLUT-N or other hormonal pills (high dose) should be AVOIDED during breast feeding to baby as it passes through breast milk and can cause virilisation of female baby on long time consumption. 2) In my opinion, you should STOP breast feeding for next 10 days while you will take PRIMOLUT-N to delay or postpone your period. It is taken 5 mg twice daily. 3) You should give supplementary baby foods or bottle feed milk for next 10 days as your baby is already 6 months old. You can resume breast feeding after stop taking PRIMOLUT-N. It will be BENEFICIAL for you. Hope, I have guided you properly. Let me know, if you need any further clarification. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
People also viewed
- Top of the stomache pain 8 weeks pregnant
- Injection betnesol at 30 weeks of pregnancy
- Primolut n when breast feeding
- 30 day old baby crying before passing urine
- Is smoking 2 cigaretts a day for 30 years bad for your health?
- Grey in beard 30 years old
- What will happen if take 30 avomine tablets
- Third trimester medical marijuana
- Thirty one weeks pregnant and vomiting with heartburn
- Threadworms when pregnant
- Will primolut n usage affect my breast feeding baby
- Primolut tablet while breast feeding
- Primolut breast pain?
- Train travel during pregnancy placenta previa
- Primolut n breast lump