Is it safe to take prescribed Lomexin during pregnancy?

Hi I'm pregnant and my doctor prescribed Lomexin 1000 mg. I am 36 weeks now, is it safe? Thank you
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can be avoided if no symptoms. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Lomexin is Pregnancy category C drug which means that it may not be safe to use during pregnancy but if the treating Doctor feels that the benefits outweigh the risks involved then it can be given. If there are no symptoms of infection or any preterm labor or a leaking or a urinary infection then its use can be avoided. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.