Is it safe to take placebo pills a week earlier to have an early period?

Is it safe for me to take placebo pills a week early on the pill to get my period early. Then finish the week of active and move on to the new pack? Am i still protected during sex?
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 minutes later
You can take the placebo pills a week earlier to have an early period if you are taking a fixed dose birth control and not a triphasic pill with different doses in a single pack.
This will keep you protected against pregnancy. Please do not worry. You can then take the left over 7 pills after your periods to have a late next period.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.