Is it safe to take odimont and montek for nasal congestion during pregnancy?

Question
Hello doctor, I am pregnant since 3 months. since last one month I am facing frequent nasal congestion at nigh time. now I am taking odimont-fx but I am not getting any relief. is it safe to take odimont fx and montek lc
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: not effective Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Im not sure why you have been taking these medicines as they are for prevention of asthma. It will not be useful for just a nasal congestion. i would advise not to take any such medication in early pregnancy. Your nasal congestion can be treated with steam inhalation with menthol. Do it thrice a day. In case you dont find relief after 3 days of steam inhalation, then you may need antibiotics. Amoxycillin is safe is pregnancy.

Follow-up: Is it safe to take odimont and montek for nasal congestion during pregnancy? 22 minutes later
dear mam, I have applied steam inhalation for three to four days, but I am not getting any relief. due to nasal congestion I also not able to sleep through out the night. if I have to take amoxicillin, then what is its doses. my blood report is showing 02%. eosinophil

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: start antibiotics Detailed Answer: take Cap Mox 500mg twice a day for 5 days. Continue steam inhalation with Karvol. Also take T Cetrizine 1 tab at night for 3 days. Your eosionophil count is increased due to an allergic response.

Follow-up: Is it safe to take odimont and montek for nasal congestion during pregnancy? 29 minutes later
Dear mam, I am from Nalco odisha, so can I get your contact number for kind consultation

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Policy Detailed Answer: By website policy, my clinic details are on the site. Im based in Kolkata.