Is it safe to take odimont and budetrol for cough?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
As advised by yourself, I contact a Chest physician & he prescribed Macphylline (Acebrophyline Capsules) 2 daily for 10 days & syrup Ascoril-c & Budetrol 400 for instahaler 2 times & also done chest xray( report is normal).After 10 days he changed the medicine ODIMONT-AL 1 daily in the night & cough syrup & BUDETROL-400 to repeat for 15 days. As of now cough is reduced by 70% but still comes in morning & in afternoon after lunch. Pl. advice that all these medication is ok .
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can continue with the medicines. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, I would like to advise that you should continue with the medicines prescribed by the chest physician. They will be beneficial to you in controlling your cough. You can also do gargle with warm saline water. Also avoid cold and spicy foods. Avoid smoking, both active and passive, if any. I hope this answers your query. If you have any further doubts, please mention. Regards. Thanks.