Is it safe to take norflox and livocitzine for long time?

i am taking norflox tz past 2 days , i had bad stomach an gas problems mostly loose stool and foul gas , i had also been suffering with rihnitis to which i have been taking livocitzine and some spray given by my dr. my question is that will these tab give me trouble if i take them long time or not get cured so fast ,it's been more frequent that i have to take these two medication ,one is for rihnitis nd second is stomach upset as both seem to be together for quite some time . or keep taking terns, is both upper respiratory and digestive infected in line , what should i do?
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can continue drugs for both conditions Detailed Answer: Hi Mr. XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Firstly, in order to PINPOINT the exact cause of your problems; give you a SOUND professional advice; and, TRUE VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY, I request you to kindly provide additional information as follows :- # since when do you have rhinitis? is it allergic, if told by your doctor?? # Since when do you have a bad stomach, nature of stomach problems- acidity/burps, bitter fluid in mouth?; frequent episodes of loose motions; abdominal discomfort, bloating; mucus/blood in stools; presence of mental stress/anxiety. This notwithstanding, I am of the opinion that you are suffering from acute amebiasis, for which simple Tinidazole 1gm twice daily x 5 days would suffice. Also, Albendazole 400mg daily for 3 day (repeated every month) would be ideal. However, if the stomach problem has been there for quite some time, it would probably due to bacterial infection (H.pylori). A 2 weeks' course of anti-H.pylori and; thereafter, 3-6 months of omeprazole/rabeprazole would completely cure your abdominal problem once for all. The third possibility could be Irritable Bowel Syndrome, particularly if there si concurrent mental stress/anxiety. Lastly, taking drugs for rhinitis along with those for abdominal problem will NOT have any adverse effects. Perhaps, you have allergic rhinitis, which need a different nasal spray. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he agrees with my opinion and clinical acumen; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal