Is it safe to take nebivolol and paroxetine together?

I ask again, since i asked it 3 days ago and nobody replied to me.

I was prescribed nebivolol 2.5 mg and paroxetine 10 mg, is it safe to take both drugs together? I read about some interactions between them. Thanks.
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 40 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes they do interact.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir
The two drugs do interact. Paroxietine may increase blood levels of nebivolol by inhibiting an enzyme called P450 2D6. This enzyme is involved in initial breakdown of nebivolol in liver before its final absorption in blood. Hence the availability of nebivolol in blood will be more than expected. This interaction has not been widely reported in literature but may occur with any severity in a given individual.
You must discuss this out with your doctor and act according to his advise. He may chose to withdraw one of the drugs or may continue them with special precautions.
Hope this clarifies the issue. Please do write if there is anything else.