Is it safe to take nebivolol 5 mg and amlodipine besylate 5mg for BP?

iam taking nebivlol 5mg and amplodipine besaylate 5mg for blood pressure is it a high this medicine safe
Posted Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 21 minutes later

You are taking Nebivolol and amlodipine for control of Hypertension. First one is Beta blocker and other is calcium channel blocker.

Please do not worry at all. These are normal doses (not high) for both the drugs. In fact when such combination is used, I presume your B.P. is well controlled. Because, two different classes of drugs are used, less dose of each drug is required and their side effects are also less.

Both the drugs are safe. Sometimes swelling of legs are seen with amlodipine. If you feel anything related to medication, please report them to your Physician. Please take less salt in diet <2.5 gms/day. Do not smoke and have regular walking for at least 45 min/day.

I wish you good health.

This information will help you. If you have any query please do ask, I will be more than happy to help you.

Dr. Akhilesh dubey M.D.