Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Is it safe to take montek LC for severe dust allergy?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
i have had the severe dust allergy from last 15 yrs.
I was prescribed montek LC with dose of 1 tablet in the day & 1 in the night for 2 months.
Can you please tell me if this will take of my dust allergy atleast for next few months once i stop taking medication. i do not have asthama.
Thanks in advance, XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 29 minutes later
Thank you for posting a question.

Firstly, dust allergy is an allergic condition where body detects dust as foreign particle and develops antibody against it. It is mainly a genetic disease, associated with family history. So, it is basically problem of immune mechanism.

So, you must understand one thing, that, no drug can render you allergy free for the rest of your life.

In case of Montek LC, it is a good drug. But its effectiveness varies person to person. So, it is very difficult to say the time period you will be free from allergy.

But, overall, it can be said that you will feel better after completion of the course of this drug.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Is it safe to take montek LC for severe dust allergy? 19 hours later

For how long should i be on the Montek LC & what is the dosage?
Nobody in my family has the history of dust allergy or any other allergy that i am aware of.

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later

Thank you for writing back.

You can continue the medicine as your treating doctor has been prescribed. Generally, it is given for 1 to 2 months depending upon severity.

If you do not have any family history, then you have this disease sporadically.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor