Is it safe to take methylprednisolone and biaxin together?

Apr 2014

I took methylprednisolone and biaxin together today (prescribed by two different doctors). Is this dangerous? I just read there is a reaction between the two. I only took two steroid pills out of the first 6, by the way.
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes there is interaction in between two drugs. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Yes there is interaction in between MethylPrednisolone and Biaxin(Clarithromycin). Clarithromycin therapy results in significant reduction of Methylprednisolone clearance,so it is better to avoid concomitant administration of these two drugs.Patient may experience fatigue,chest pain,nausea,cough etc. You don't worry,single dose will not cause much problem to you.You can be shifted to other antibiotics. Get well soon. Hope I have answered your question. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX