Is it safe to take mdma while on cozaar?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Is it okay to take one tablet of ma while on cozaar ( losartan potassium)? What are the side effects? If any. I need am answer immediately as I may have it tonight. Thank you
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 1 hour later
I did not understand which tablet, Tablet ma?. Please let me know the exact details, so that I can quickly answer again
Follow-up: Is it safe to take mdma while on cozaar? 1 hour later
MDNA - ecstacy :)
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 25 hours later

MDMA can have many of the same physical effects as other stimulants like cocaine and amphetamines. These include increases in heart rate and blood pressure, which are particularly risky for people with circulatory problems or heart disease. MDMA users may experience other symptoms such as muscle tension, involuntary teeth clenching, nausea, blurred vision, faintness, and chills or sweating.

Considering that you have hypertension and you are on treatment, I recommend you should not use it.

Hope I helped. Let me know if I can assist you further.