Is it safe to take laser treatment on face and what are the precautions to be taken before laser treatment?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi there, I have a lot of hair on my body and am planning to go for laser hair reduction process and have a couple of questions in that regard. Can you please help me with those: 1) Is it safe to do laser on the face 2) Once the laser treatment is done (6 sessions) will the results be permanent i.e whatever the hair was reduced to? 3) If after 6 sessions also the hair is not completed removed then does it mean that hair cannot be treated by laser and hence there is no point is taking further laser sessions? 4) Is it OK to wax after laser? 5) What are the precautions to be taken before laser? 6) What should be done after the laser session to make it more effective. Thanks
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello, Yes, it is safe on the face. Yes, hair reduction is permanent. After 6 sessions, the hair density will only reduce and will not be totally removed. You may need maintainance sessions. No waxing allowed. No precautions. Cream containing efflornithine hydrochloride can improve the effect Detailed Answer: Hello, Yes, it is safe on the face. Yes, hair reduction is permanent. After 6 sessions, the hair density will only reduce and will not be totally removed. You may need maintainance sessions. No waxing allowed. No precautions. Cream containing efflornithine hydrochloride can improve the effect