Is it safe to take immodium tablets for runny stools with a history of osteoporosis and low bone density?

I really need help. My PCP did not seem at all concerned/interested on the phone on evening of 12/20, my (ex-nurse) BF wants nothing to do with my up and down chaotic past behavior, of aprox 2 weeks until several days ago, 12/22 or so when I became "mindful" of side effects. I am feeling much more centered and being careful and not losing balance like I was, not real "manic" like before, but feel quite "up" in mood, could just be that my life has taken a turn for the better (a lot!) the Elavil was prescribed for pain from spinal stenosis and arthritis PLEASE HELP! PLEASE ANSWER
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, it is okay to take immodium. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your question. I understand that you are concerned about taking immodium tablets since you are troubled by loose stools. Immodium does not have many side-effects and considered relatively safe. These are the common side-effects, but generally they are mild, and do not require any serious consideration, constipation/nausea/vomiting, stomach/abdominal pain, uncomfortable fullness of the stomach/abdomen. However, if you develop any of these, you may stop the medicine, and that would solve the issue after a day or two. If you develop any other issues, or if the above mentioned side-effects are bothersome then you do need to consult a doctor immediately. This medicine does not have any psychological side effects. I hope this answers your question, if you have any doubts, please do write back. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Warm regards.