Is it safe to take hajmola in pregnancy?

Question
I feel like taming hajmola, iam in 12th week of pregnancy. Can i take it
Posted Thu, 6 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Taking hajmola in pregnancy is fine.You can take them but dont overdose.

Follow-up: Is it safe to take hajmola in pregnancy? 5 minutes later
Dear doctor, although i normally take 1-2 hajmola tablets on days when i feel nausea otherwise i dont take it at all. But on one particular day i was having severe vomittings and took 7-8 within a day, hope that would not have harmed the baby. I have never taken more than 2 since that days and infact now iam not taking it daily also but worried about that day. Thanks

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 7 minutes later
7-8 hajmola in 1 day is not acceptable. You can take upto 2 a day.If you have indigestion problems liquid antacid like mucaine gel or gelusil is a better option. Its difficult to be certain what effect it will have in early pregnancy.Make sure you have an usg for congenital anomalies at 20 weeks.

Follow-up: Is it safe to take hajmola in pregnancy? 7 minutes later
Dear doctor, i had a level 1 scan today only which was perfect and there was no problem. I checked with you because i took it without realising it as i thought it is completely ayurvedic. If my level 1 scan was fine then are there chances of it harming the baby later.thanks

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 13 hours later
The anomaly scan is routinely done at 20wks. But if the scan at present is normal its good. Try to take only essential medicines in preagnancy.