Is it safe to take excess amount of fluid when suffering from cancer?
User rating for this question
Hi; Is it dangerous to drain too much fluid when you are retaining liquid in your belly, especially if you have cancer ? Thank you
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Excessive fluid removal can lead to protein loss Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Sorry to hear about your condition. Excessive and too frequent fluid removal from the abdomen can lead to protein and fluid loss. The amount of fluid removed should be replaced gradually in the form of oral or IV fluids. There is no point of giving IV albumin (protein) as it is very expensive and does not serve any purpose. This procedure should only be limited to situations when this fluid in the abdomen is too much and causing respiratory problems. Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.
Follow-up: Is it safe to take excess amount of fluid when suffering from cancer? 2 days later
My question is, if it is dangerous to take an excessive amount of fluid in this condition, can it lead to death ?
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Unlikely to lead to death Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Excessive fluid removal from the abdomen is unlikely to lead to death but can make you breathless. Hope that answers your question. Please feel free to clarify any other query.
People also viewed
- Fluid volume excess related for prostate cancer
- Iodine crystal cyst removal
- Welt in the lower back
- Cuanto dura una peritonitis
- When taking morphine for liver cancer
- Disease in back in tailbone starts with a p
- White spots on kidney ct
- White spot ct scan
- Cpk related to lipo protein
- Is it safe to take arimidex for breast cancer
- Lexa pet ct of heart
- Is evista intake safe when suffering from breast cancer metastasis
- Paiful lump in armpit that disappears and reappears
- Is instaflex safe to take after cancer
- Primary muscular atrophy