Is it safe to take enanthate when suffering from left ventricular hypertrophy of heart?

Hi Dr. XXXXXXX thanks a lot for your prompt response. So is it ok to start with 250 mg of enanthate weekly initially? I am obese with body weight of 113 kgs and also have left ventricular hypertrophy of the heart. An angiography of my heart was done last February where the doctor did not find any blockage of the arteries but there was a treadmill test done with nuclear medicine in which he identified mild coronary artery disease.He himself assured me that it is of no concern though. Another point that I wanted to note is that I was also diagnosed with mild aortic regurgitation after a colour doppler test last August.I am worried because I know that testosterone increases BP and it might affect the heart too causing heart failure (read about lots of body builders dying of heart disease after taking steroids.). So is it completely safe if I start taking the injections now?I have plans of gradually increasing it but of course within safe limits and as prescribed by the doctor.
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, you can start Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. Testosterone complicating heart disease though possible is a rare occurrence. You can take the injections without too much worry. Also I consider it safe you to discuss the same with your cardiologist. The dosage of the injections better be decided by the endocrinologist. He after examining you and considering the need for the injections can formulate a dosage suitable for you. Wish you good health. Regards,