Is it safe to take ecosprin 75 in pregnancy?

I am 7 weeks pregnant and my doctor has advised me to take Ecosprin 75, since my first child was born with low birth weight (1.9 Kg, pre-term baby, 35 weeks). Please advice if its safe to take Ecosprin 75.

My first child is now 6 years old and I had c-section. He was born in 35 weeks as my water bag bursted. I was in labour for 17 hrs before docs proceeded with c-section as my cervix had dilated only 2 cms.
Posted Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later
Low dose aspirin- Ecosprin 75 mg is given in early pregnancy to decrease the tendency of clot formation so that adequate placental circulation can be established and it decreases the chances of a low birth weight baby and a preterm labor. Since your previous baby was a low birth weight baby, it is best to take the medicines as advised by your gynecologist to avoid any complications in this pregnancy.
You need to watch out for any spontaneous bleeding tendency and get your coagulation profile evaluated every four weeks to see any decrease in platelet count or function early.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Is it safe to take ecosprin 75 in pregnancy? 30 minutes later
Thanks for your reply doctor, just wanted to let you kow that yesterday my BP was 100/60. I hope taking asprin will not cause futher drop in BP..
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The low blood pressure that you are having is not related to the aspirin that you are taking. You can have a healthy diet XXXXXXX in fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables with plenty of fluids to maintain your health and blood pressure.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.