Ask a Dentist   »  

Is it safe to take dolo and molex when pregnant?

Question
hi, I am fifth month pregnant.I got tooth ache today due to cavity.Dentist suggested me to have dolo 650 and molex.Is it ik to have??
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Gunjan Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Paracetamol is safe drug during pregnancy. Detailed Answer: Hello there, Dolo 650 which contains paracetamol is safe during pregnancy. I am not sure of the contents of other medicine, perhaps you have typed it wrong. Please confirm the second drug. Take care Dr. Gunjan Gupta

Follow-up: Is it safe to take dolo and molex when pregnant? 1 hour later
sorry, it is MOX 500mg. Any other way, I can get rid of this pain to have food?

Brief Answer: mox 500mg can be given. Detailed Answer: Hello there, Thanks for writing again. Mox 500mg is safe drug during pregnancy. This pain in your tooth may be because of deep infection of your tooth which need root canal treatment. Root canal treatment should be avoided during pregnancy. You will get relieve with mox with in 2-3 days so do not get worried. Take paracetamol for pain relief you will get relive. Hope this will be helpful. Take care. Dr. Gunjan Gupta