Is it safe to take darolac capsule while having colitis of colon?

I have Colitis of colon, Darolac capsule is good to take or not, I consulted a medicine doctor for two time and prescribed me the Antibiotic medicine Spanflox -oz for taking 7 days. I have been completed for 5 days but which is not relieve my pain and inflammation of my belly.
Please help me my is very discomfort while not create problems in taking food ang sleeping at night.
Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 35 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your concern here
Darolac is Prebiotic and Probiotic which helps in restoration of gut health. You can take it as of now.
Your treatment for colitis seems to be reasonable empiric therapy and you should wait for 3-4 days as response may vary.
If you continue to have symptoms then you should investigate to know the exact cause. I would suggest following.
1)     A Stool Routine and Microscopic examination.
2)     A sonography of Abdomen
3)     A Colonoscopy with rectal biopsy to diagnose exact pathology.
I would like to know if any investigation is done or not?
Please let me know details, so I can answer in detail.
Follow-up: Is it safe to take darolac capsule while having colitis of colon? 1 hour later
Should i continue taking of Spanflox -oz???. My Friend having same problem in his colon like inflammation of his lower belly and discomfort. He consulted another medicine doctor and precribed CEFEZ-OZ Antibiotic Medicine.

Last year, this same problem was occured and i consulted this time not doctor and prescribed me Darolac and Tricobal for 10 days and took and relieve my pain for one year. September 2012, it has happen again at the same side i.e Right Side of My Colon.

Which one is better to take it Spanflox-oz or Darolac or Cefez-oz???...

My COnsulted doctor said, your problem is normal colitis and no other investigation is not required. But after 5 days taking medine no development come to me.....
Request your opion whether shall i change my doctor while taking prescribed medicine.
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 19 minutes later

Thanks for your reply,

The medicine you are taking is OK - it is a combination which will treat infective as well as amoebic pathology.

This type of colitis may also occur due to food/ water contamination; so take care and use water which is boiled and cooled.

You can always take a second opinion and if you do not get relief you may undergo investigations like Stool routine and microscopy, sonography of abdomen and colonoscopy with biopsy.

I hope you will improve soon and this information helps.
Please inform me about progress.