Is it safe to take collagen liquid and fiber supplement during pregnancy?

I am a pregnant (the first month), is it safe to take collagen (liquid) everyday? In addition, is it safe to take fiber supplement? Thanks
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

You are in your first trimester of pregnancy and want to know how safe is collagen liquid and Fiber supplements.

Collagen liquids cause the possibility of releasing toxins from fat breakdown into the blood stream thus affecting the fetus or the lymph systems. So it is better to avoid or consult physician regarding the intake.

Pure fiber is safe during pregnancy, common source of fiber in supplements is psyllium husk, which passes through the gut undigested. If you take a fiber supplement, you should consume it with plenty of water.

You should always check with your doctor prior to using any herbal supplements or preparation during pregnancy, since some are unsafe.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.