Is it safe to take clinpro 5000?

Sure! My question is much like the one earlier in this web site. Is Clinpro 5000 any good? My dentist, who is also a friend (I think) and a tennis partner recommends it ferently. Is he right? Or is this just another dental product scam?
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Forum,

Clinpro 5000 is a product which contain sodium fluoride, it makes the tooth more hard, whitish and resistant to decay and bacteria that causes cavities. This product is used to prevent tooth cavities.
This is used once before bedtime instead of regular toothpaste, brush thoroughly for two minutes, after that spit out the medication, do not eat or drink 30 minutes after the use.

If you are using the product there are some side effects which you should be aware;

-gum or mouth irritation can occur.
-staining of tooth can occur.
-allergic reactions like swelling, rashes.itching can occur.
-nausea, vomiting or diarrhea can occur due to overdose.

I would advise you to visit to Dentist get a checkup done, and decide whether there is use of the product, because such type of products are indicated in persons having active caries, white spots on teeth, decreased salivary flow, during orthodontic treatment, persons having high risk of developing dental caries.

Other things which you can follow to prevent decay are;

-Brush your teeth twice daily in up and down back and forth motion.
-Replace your toothbrush in every 4-5 months.
-Clean your mouth after every meal to prevent plague accumulation.
-use colgate plax mouthwash after brushing your teeth.
-Get routine dental check up in every six months.
-Take a balanced diet, drink plenty of water.

Hope this answers your query,

Wishing you good health!
Dr Qazi Ammara.
Follow-up: Is it safe to take clinpro 5000? 11 hours later
Actually, your response is pretty much taken directly from the ESPE ads and doesn't help much. Is there any lab data to show how effective the paste is, based on some sort of testing process, like having the results a sample of users have experienced? That's what I really was after, not the PR stuff.
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 1 hour later

Thanks for the reply,

Effectiveness of the toothpaste depends upon complaince of the patient, the response of users and their maintainence. Studies have revealed that Clinpro 5000 contains more fluoride than other fluoridated toothpastes and is significantly more effective in reducing caries than other fluoridated toothpastes. Approximately it causes 40-50% reduction in caries in adult individuals.

Hope this helps out.
Dr Qazi Ammara.