Is it safe to take atenolol without any imprint on it?

Dec 2012

Is it safe to order meds from canada without perscription? I ordered atenolol and it was shipped from india and has no imprint on it just line down. The middle
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later

I will be clear and direct with you it is not safe to buy a prescription medication like atenolol from a company that is not controlled by your state or government. Atenolol is a beta blocker that with potential side effects and if not rightfully taken can lead to adverse effects that you would not be able to manage on your own. From your question I do not understand if you are in India or Canada, but all the same, it is best to avoid taking drugs that are not OTC. If you are having HBP and/or tachyarrythmia it is better you consult a cardiologist (if you have issue of insurance) you may still consult a primary care doctor or get medical attention in an accredited clinic.

Hope this was helpful and wish you the best
Dr Nsah