Is it safe to take a famotidine pill than have beer without any side effect?

Hello, I wanted to know if it would safe to take a famotidine pill than have a beer or two 6 hours later
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later

The maximum effect of Famotidine is seen at one to three hours following its intake. Hence, it is better to take the medicine and have a beer or two at 3 hours after taking the medicine. The overall effect of a single dose of Famotidine lasts for about ten to twelve hours.

I hope this helps you. Take care!

Follow-up: Is it safe to take a famotidine pill than have beer without any side effect? 31 minutes later
Ok, thanks! So I should have no problem with any interactions or so?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

It should be fine.

Wish you good health.