Is it safe to take a cranberry supplement while having one kidney?

I lost a kidney 9 years ago due to constant kidney stones. I have been on medication for the stones since I lost the kidney and I'm on other medications too. I have a hard time drinking a lot of water. I know I should drink cranberry juice too but I don't like the taste of it. Is it safe for me to take a cranberry supplement having only 1 kidney and being on the medications I'm on?
Posted Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 41 minutes later

It is unfortunate that you lost one kidney due to stone disease. You are doing well by drinking good quantity of water and taking potassium citrate supplementation. Cranberry juice is known to prevent take cranberry supplement rather than cranberry juice.

Salt is one of the major factors responsible for stone formation. You should restrict salt in the food. No salt to be taken with curd, salads, fruits. No chips, salted peanuts or cashew nuts to be taken.

Take care. Good luck.

Rajiv Goel