Is it safe to take Xanax and drive?

Hi , is it safe to take xanax and drive or how long after taking is is safe to drive?
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No driving after xanax Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Xanax is Alprazolam, Benzodizepine group of hynotic anti anxiety drug. It causes significant sedation and induces sleep even at low dose. It's not recommended and not advisable to drive after taking the medication. There is no point in risking the life of self and others. Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD
Follow-up: Is it safe to take Xanax and drive? 12 minutes later
How long does it stay in your system after taking 3 mgs in one day? of xanax I am prescribed 1 mg 3x a day. Am I safe to drive the following day?
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: It's not advisable to drive next day Detailed Answer: Hi Greetings Normally for alprazolam to be completely excreted from body requires 2 days. 3 mg per day is quite a high dosage of alprazolam. If you are not taking alprazolam next day, even then it causes persistent drowsiness. So its still not advisable to drive the next day. You require gap of 2 days after discontinuation to be able to drive safely. I hope it helped In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak