Is it safe to take XP rab shot for dog bite instead of Verorab vaccine?

I was bitten by stray dog on 9th may 2013 while i was out of town... The Dog was dirty looking with hair fallen... It was female dog .. the bite was not very hard.. but there was bleeding from the bite wound.... I went to the nearby doc...he gave me prescription to get the Verorab vaccine...But the medical shop gave me XP Rab .. He took it out from the shelf ( ideally he should have taken it out from the fridge..which i realized the next day ).... I took it to the doc... the doc gave me 1 TT(titanus) shot and 1 XP rab shot... ...I washed the wound with soap (almost 1 hour after the bite)... now today i have to take the second shot.... My question is...
1) should i take XP rab or i can take any other brand like RABIPUR or VERORAB ?
2) Assuming the the vaccine i already took was not stored in fridge by the medical shop... should i continue with the remaining course of shots? will it give me full protection? Or should i start the whole course again ? OR should i change the course schedule ?
Thanks A Lot in Advance... I am Obliged. XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

I can understand your concern. Ideally the Xp rab or Verorab vaccine should be between +2°C and +8°C (in a refrigerator). I suggest you to start the new course again and take the vaccine doses as advised. You can use any brand like Xprab or Verorab but care should be taken that the brand that you start should be continued for the whole schedule.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.