Is it safe to take Trileptal for Trigiminal Neuralgia?

I have been taking the drug Trileptal for well over 4 years now for Trigiminal Neuralgia and have heard that it carries a risk for lymphoma and other unfavorable side effects. Could you tell me facts and your opinion on the safety of this drug when taken over a long period of time?
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 31 hours later
Brief Answer: Drug has side effects , but you are tolerating it. Detailed Answer: Dear user, Hi! you are right, oxcarbazepine has many side effects. most of them are acute and you have been taking it for 4 years now so acute reactions are ruled out. second common problem is low sodium. so check you sodium periodically. thirdly swollen lymph nodes, so be in touch with your doctor who examines you regularly. regards!