Is it safe to take 'Primolut Nor' during pregnancy?

May 2013
My wife started to take Primolut Nor 10mg tablets, as her period delayed for 3 weeks; now doctor said there is a possibility that she is pregnant; she is 45 years old and I the husbund 50 years old and we are not ready; is there any problem to continue taking the tablets till get the period?
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of pregnancy should be ruled out Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. First the possibility of pregnancy should be ruled out. So, let her once undergo blood test for pregnancy. If the test comes negative, the possibility of pregnancy is less. And she can continue the tablets as prescribed by your doctor. If the test comes positive, PrimulotN tablets will not help in inducing abortion. So, in case of positive pregnancy test, she has to undergo ultrasound once to confirm the intrauterine pregnancy and to estimate the gestational age. Then according to the gestational age, you can choose the method of abortion with your doctor's advice. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.