Is it safe to take Next Choice emergency contraceptive 3 times in one month?
User rating for this question
Is it safe to take Next Choice, emergency contraceptive, 3 times in one month?
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question today.
Next choice is a progesterone only form of emergency contraception. It is not XXXXXXX to take it multiple times within a month, but this is certainly not an ideal form of birth control. As long as you are using it correctly, the risks are considered low, but it is not 100% effective. So given the number of times you appear to have been at risk for pregnancy, a pregnancy test weekly for 2-3 weeks would be a great idea.
Expect that this will also lead to some pretty significant irregular bleeding that will seem very confusing. You should probably schedule a visit with an ON/GYN to discuss other methods of reversible, or permanent birth control. There are definitely options for you and people that are willing to help!
I hope this adequately answers your question. If you have followup questions, please ask. Please take a moment to leave feedback!
People also viewed
- Can i take next choice for emergency contraception ?
- Next choice emergency contraceptive reviews
- Had sex while on amoxicillin and cerazette
- Amoxycillin and levlen ed
- What antibiotics treat pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Next choice emergency contraceptive acne
- Can stress affect bowel movements
- Diseases that affect speech
- What causes missed periods after taking emergency contraceptive next choice
- Does stress affect body temperature
- Amoxiclav side effects menstruation
- Next choice emergency contraception cause bloating
- Amoxicillin interfering with loestrin
- Effects of amoxicillin in lo loestrin
- How nicotine affects the brain