Is it safe to take Next Choice emergency contraceptive 3 times in one month?
User rating for this question
Is it safe to take Next Choice, emergency contraceptive, 3 times in one month?
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question today.
Next choice is a progesterone only form of emergency contraception. It is not XXXXXXX to take it multiple times within a month, but this is certainly not an ideal form of birth control. As long as you are using it correctly, the risks are considered low, but it is not 100% effective. So given the number of times you appear to have been at risk for pregnancy, a pregnancy test weekly for 2-3 weeks would be a great idea.
Expect that this will also lead to some pretty significant irregular bleeding that will seem very confusing. You should probably schedule a visit with an ON/GYN to discuss other methods of reversible, or permanent birth control. There are definitely options for you and people that are willing to help!
I hope this adequately answers your question. If you have followup questions, please ask. Please take a moment to leave feedback!
People also viewed
- Hiatal hernia automobile accident
- Instruction of unwanted 72 contraceptive pill
- Next choice emergency contraceptive acne
- Can i take next choice for emergency contraception ?
- Next choice emergency contraceptive reviews
- What causes missed periods after taking emergency contraceptive next choice
- Bumped forehead in auto accident still hurts
- High calcuim caused by auto accident
- A case of cerebrovascular accident answer key
- Is it safe to take primolut nor 10 mg with the hermone
- Next choice emergency contraception cause bloating
- Itchy dry pink blood nuvaring
- Does stomach pain after taking unwanted 72
- Gave baby year old tylenol by accident
- Dangers of implanon