Is it safe to take MTP kit. Do they work?
User rating for this question
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 35 minutes later
If the medication that you are going to take is prepared as a kit, I am sure that the effectiveness is very high. In order to answer your question more accurately, can you tell me what medications are in the kit, what doses, and what are the instructions for taking the medication.
Follow-up: Is it safe to take MTP kit. Do they work? 28 minutes later
The kit contains 1 Mifepristone pill (200mg) taken orally and 4 Misoprostol pills (200mcg) taken vaginaly.
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 14 minutes later
Hello and thank you for the followup.
On a review of your current situation and the literature, and based on accurate dating of how far along the pregnancy is (you said three weeks), then the effectiveness of this form of medical termination is somewhere between 92-98% effective. In other words, it is very effective.
Even if you are taking these medications, there needs to be followup with a doctor to make sure that it worked, AND to discuss other methods of birth control.
I hope this helps! Please ask if you have more questions. Good luck.
People also viewed
- Antihistamine late period
- Large bloodblister like marks on my arms
- Is mtp kit safe
- Arm dog bite numbness of thumb
- Clear fluid leaking from vagina after abortion
- Clitoral stimulation after abortion
- Canker sore on palatoglossal arch
- Mtp kit safe at home
- No lumps after chemical abortion
- Abortion pills after cesearean delivery
- Is it safe using mtp kit
- Swollen or inflamed areola
- Is cipla mtp kit safe
- Is it safe to take mtp kit do they work
- Care tips after abortion