Is it safe to take Lustral with Prozac?
User rating for this question
I would like to know if it is ok to take 25mg Lustral with 2 Prozac as I have increased relational ocd or what would you reccomend with Prozac as prozac works very well for me but I do need something else
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: OCD Detailed Answer: HI Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query. In OCD, treatment of choice is fluoxetine(prozac), fluvoxamine and clomipramine. All these drugs are anti-obsessional drugs. In clinical practice, mostly psychiatrists start with fluoxetine followed by fluvoxamine and clomipramine. Fluoxetine and fluvoxamine, sertraline are SSRIs and clomipramine is a TCAs. If you are getting response with fluoxetine, then carry on with it. Better to increase the dose rather than adding sertraline (lustral) in treatment because drugs are from same group. In case, you want another drug, then i would suggest clomipramine that would give you better result. Rest you can discuss with your psychiatrist. In case, you need further help, you can ask. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist
Follow-up: Is it safe to take Lustral with Prozac? 48 minutes later
Do you mean Clompramine with Prozac or instead of Prozac
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Clomipramine with prozac Detailed Answer: Hi Yes, clomipramine with prozac would give you better response than prozac alone. Clomipramine would help to control symptoms earlier than any other drugs, but there are certain side effects like dryness of mouth, sedation, anxiety symptoms, nausea, headache etc. Rest you can discuss with your psychiatrist about the dose and further escalation. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist
People also viewed
- Hunger pains after embryo transfer
- Is it safe to take prozac for seizures
- Is decreased urine output a side effect of moviprep?
- Is tightness in the chest a side effect of seroquel?
- Is it safe to take lustral with prozac
- Reasons for stomach gurgling after embryo transfer
- Is inability to sit still a side effect of paxil cr?
- Should i wash my hair after embryo transfer
- Frequent urination after 1 week of embryo transfer
- Hcg jab after frozen embryo transfer
- Is it safe to take prozac seroquel and adderall
- Is it safe to take prozac together with deanxit
- Is it safe to take bystolic with prozac
- Is pounding in the ears a side effect of olanzapine?
- Is tightness in the chest a side effect of klonopin?