Is it safe to take Lortab and Delsym at the same time? Getting chest congestion

General Surgeon
Is it safe to take Lortab 10 and Delsym and the same time? I've started getteing reall bad chest congestion and I don't typically take cough meds. I just don't want to to have some wierd reaction
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 26 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Lortab 10 contains acetaminophen and hydrocodone and does not have any interactions with Delsym which do contain Dextromethorphan. So it is safe to take both medicines.
Just note that Dextromethorphan only suppresses cough but it does not treat it. Moreover, if your cough is productive, it should not blocked by such medicines.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.