Is it safe to take Excedrin for headache and sinus pain?

I have been taking Azithromycin (250 mg tabs). Can I safely now take Excedrin (Extra Strength) to relieve a headache and sinus pain? Actaminophen? Thank you. -GUY
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: You can take either Excedrin or Acetaminophen to relieve from headache and sinus pain. I personally suggest NSAID like MOTRIN plus Acetaminophen for sinus pain causing headache. You can go up to 400mg of MOTRIN plus Acetaminophen up to 500mg unless there is deteriorated kidney functioning. Sinsuitis is inflammatory pain hence NSAIDs work better than Excedrin. Hope this is clear.