Is it safe to take Ebastine for itching caused by side effect of diprospan?

I took a diprospan shot and 6 hours later, I got an itchy side effect. My hands, feet and had are non stop itching. Can I take ebastine now? thank you
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Chronic urticaria Detailed Answer: Hi See you have a problem of chronic urticaria. Now betamethasone is quite effective in this condition. Though the dose usually given is once or twice a day but the half life of this injection is quite low. It is about 6.5 hours. This means that its effect can start to decrease after about six hours. It can surely be combined with any antihistamines. So if you still have itching, you can surely take tablet ebastine for the same. An adult dosage of 20 mg should be good for you. Even otherwise, steroids are not the mainstay of treatment for chronic urticaria. Antihistamines are the treatment of choice and should be taken regularly for this skin condition. Hope it helps Please ask if you have any other query Dr Geetika Paul