Is it safe to take Duvadilan during pregnancy? Done ultrasound, have nausea and abdominal pain

I am 2 months 2 weeks pregent. I have done with my 1st USG. As per the USG baby's healt is good. I am having some vomiting tendency and pain in lower abdomen. So my doctor suggested me some medicines. Among those one medicin is 'Duvadilan Retard', I checked in internet that the medicne is precribe to protect the pre-mature delivery. Is it save to have the medicin in this stage? Apart from this medicine my doctor suggested me plenty of tablets (as below), are they all really required?
-> Tab Rantaed Plus(2 times)
-> Tab Ondem 8( 3 times)
-> Tab Folvite 5 mg (1 time)
-> Tab Duphoston 10 mg (1 time0
-> Tab Duvadilan Retard( 2times)
-> Tab Drotin DS(2 times)
-> Tab Doxinate OD(1 time)
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 28 minutes later
Nausea & vomiting are common in early pregnancy & as pregnancy advances, these symptoms subside.
To prevent it, first thing to do is take your food at small interval & in small quantity , avoid heavy & spicy food.
If still not controlled take Doxinate at night & if problem persist, you can take Ranted followed by ondem. these medications are not causing any proven teratogenicity in fetus.
For pain, you can continue tab Duphaston & Drotin, but Duvadilan is obsolete now a days.
So have a proper rest,continue medications as suggested & repeat your ultrasound scan at 11 weeks.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your further queries.
Follow-up: Is it safe to take Duvadilan during pregnancy? Done ultrasound, have nausea and abdominal pain 37 minutes later
Thank you for your quick response. Your answers are really helpful and much appreciated.

Just few more questions - what is the use of 'Duvadilan Retard'? Should I continue with this medicine or stop it? As I understood from your response, I should continue with rest of the medicines as prescribed by my doctor (infact he has asked me to take them all unconditionally as mentioned in the above schedule) - please correct me if I am wrong.

Doctor has asked me to do 'NT/PAPA-A/F Beta HCG' test after 11 weeks, is this some kind of ultrasound scan?
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 9 hours later

Welcome back.

Duvadilan Ratard is a tocolytic used to relax the uterus. But in early pregnancy it has no role. Infact in early pregnancy Duphaston which is progesterone takes care of it. So Duvadilan can be stopped. Discuss with your gynecologist before stopping it.

Nuchal translucency is an ultrasound scan & rest are blood test for screening of Down syndrome. Get these investigations done, as these are for well being of your fetus.

I hope your query has been answered. Let me know if you have other enquiries.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.