Is it safe to take Duphaston during pregnancy?

Mar 2016

i have been suggested duphaston by my doctor. i am in 11 week of pregnancy. i have no medical history of miscarriage or abortion. five years ago i had an absolutely fine baby normally delivered. is it necessary to take duphaston?
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. DUPHASTON contains Dydrogesterone as ingredient (progesterone supplement) which supports your pregnancy and prevents natural miscarriage or pregnancy loss. It is not harmful to growing fetus also. Therefore, you can take this as per your doctor's recommendation. Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and successful motherhood. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW