Is it safe to take Dulcolax when having a Nexplanon implant?
User rating for this question
I have had a Nexplanon implant in my arm for a little over 4 months and still learning things about the birth control. Lately I've been having stomach problems and was given the advice to use the laxative tablets for women from Dulcolax. Will these affect my implant at all?
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Will not affect the implant Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Nexplanon is a very good choice for birth control. Unlike oral contraceptive pills whose efficacy is known to fall while using laxatives like dulcolax because of reduced absorption this is not the case with Nexplanon. Continue using Dulcolax it will not affect the implant. I hope I was of help, if you have any further query please get back to me. I wish you good health Regards
People also viewed
- Can overdose of dolo 650mg lead to death
- Is taking imol plus safe when breastfeeding
- Is dulcolax safe
- Swelling on the penis tenderness and raw unprotected sex remedy
- Child has cavities next step after cleaning
- Is it safe for me to take dulcolax in my third trimester?
- Painful areas of skin yellow patch on thigh have stress
- Suggest mild opiod for pain relief
- Is albenza the only medication for pinworms and tapeworm
- Fatique nervous break down taking quetiapine for sleep medication
- How to lower dose of amytrypyline
- Safe to take dulcolax during pregnancy
- Constipation had catheterization safe to take dulcolax suppository
- What should be done after overdose of hydrocodone
- Is tonsils surgery safe when having a nexplanon implant