Is it safe to take Dulcolax when having a Nexplanon implant?
User rating for this question
I have had a Nexplanon implant in my arm for a little over 4 months and still learning things about the birth control. Lately I've been having stomach problems and was given the advice to use the laxative tablets for women from Dulcolax. Will these affect my implant at all?
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Will not affect the implant Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Nexplanon is a very good choice for birth control. Unlike oral contraceptive pills whose efficacy is known to fall while using laxatives like dulcolax because of reduced absorption this is not the case with Nexplanon. Continue using Dulcolax it will not affect the implant. I hope I was of help, if you have any further query please get back to me. I wish you good health Regards
People also viewed
- Is dulcolax safe
- Coming off the pill microgynon
- Noticed a lump under the breasts
- What treatment is suggested for heapatospleenomegaly
- Is it safe for me to take dulcolax in my third trimester?
- Does taking unwanted 72 causes irregular periods
- How to take dianabol steroids
- Reason for severe pain in neck and elbows
- Epinephrine effects on the heart
- How to cure bruise on the abdomen
- Safe to take dulcolax during pregnancy
- Verapamil effects on the heart
- How are anabolic steroids taken
- Constipation had catheterization safe to take dulcolax suppository
- Is tonsils surgery safe when having a nexplanon implant