Is it safe to take Deanxit tablet for more than 10 years?

I am 39,84kg,171CM .I am taking 1 Deanxit tablet daily for anxety problems since last 10 years almost regularly. is it safe to take this tablet for a long term? is there any alternative?Whenever i stop taking this tablet my heartbeat increases & develop chest allergy.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later

Actually it contains a combination of two psycho active drugs and is meant for short term use only. It is usually used only for depressive disorders and has got minimal anti anxiety effects.

You need to discuss with your physician regarding the long term use of Deanxit.

You can ask your treating physician to look for better alternatives which are safer like propranolol, alprazolam, zolpidem, etc.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.