Is it safe to take Bendrofluozide with Perindopril for hypertension?

I take Perindopril tert-butylamine 2mg for hypertension, and Dr has also told me to take Bendrofluozide 2.5 mg as well, but I am wondering if this is safe since it makes me feel very unwell.
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer: this combination is not abnormal Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic Perindopril belongs to the ACE family of anti hypertensives and bendrofluazide belongs to the diuretic family of drugs. These family of drugs are commonly used together. Because they have an additive effect in reducing blood pressure, it is possible that the blood pressure has reduced to a value that is making you feel unwell or that you are experiencing side effects related to one of these medications specifically. Bendrofluazide may be associated with side effects such as upset stomach or dizziness on standing. This dizziness is related to the lowering of the blood pressure. It can cause abdominal pain in a few persons. You and your doctor may consider measuring the blood pressure to determine if it has reduced to an extent to cause symptoms. If the value is not significantly low and your symptoms are related to the bendrofluazide itself , then this can be changed to an alternative medication. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions