Is it safe to take BP pills at an interval of 3 hours?

I forgot to refill my bp med, did so today. Checked my bp and it was 200/148, I took one pill (the usual daily dosage) about 3 hours ago, BP still high. Would it be ok to take another pill? I normally am around 134/78 when I take my med regularly.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Three hours is a short duration. Detailed Answer: Hello, Take pills as you use to take them in past.Most BP pills will take longer than three hours to show sustainable effects. Also taking pills at shorter duration can suddenly cause deep in your BP leading to hypotension. So give the pills time to act. Hope this helps.Regards