Is it safe to take Aristozyme in second trimester?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
Hi Doctor, My Name is XXXXXXX My wife Noirita is in her second trimester. Is it safe for her to take aristozyme syrup? She is having chronic heart burn after eating food and few months back prior to pregnancy she used to take aristozyme syrup.For the past few days she is having severe heart burn after food. Normally after she sleeps. She sleeps 2 hours after having dinner. 1st time gasX helped second time it didn't and after two hours of suffering and agony of heart burn she yielded to vomit. That reduced the heart burn. Next day again after food it happened and this time as per our OB-GYN she took tums but that didn't helped and it persisted the agony is too much finally she took zantaz75 and immediately after that she vomited and the heart burn subsided. Please suggest what should we do?
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Consult Gynecologist before you start . Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX It is safe to take Aristozyme in second trimester, but will not have any positive effect on heart-burn. As the uterus gets larger and larger the heart-burn and such issues do get enhanced. I would advise such a patient the following, which you should confirm with your Gynecologist before giving to your wife. Zantac 150 mg at 12 hourly interval. Antacid gel 3 teaspoonful every 3 hours Bland diet Biscuits, milk in-between the lunch and dinner to cover the empty stomach. Small frequent meals. Domperidone tablet SOS if vomiting. This will definitely help her. Please talk to your Gynecologist before starting anything .
Follow-up: Is it safe to take Aristozyme in second trimester? 17 minutes later
Thanks Doctor Chandrakant. Sir I just spoke to our OB-GYN she also prescribed Zantac 75mg at 12 hourly interval. I would be glad if a GYN can confirm on the Antacid Gel. I will however be visiting XXXXXXX Reads now and get a OTC Antacid Gel.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Most welcome Detailed Answer: Most welcome, you surely can give her the gel now and please repeat at 3 hourly intervals ( do not disturb her sleep just to give her the doses). Consolation is also a part of the treatment , which you surely must be giving Her. All the best and relax yourself too. You need to be ''seen'' relaxed by her.