Is it safe to take 60mg of Laxis at one time?

My left leg and foot are swollen. the right is somewhat the same but not as bad. I am on laxis 20 mg. am only Blood pressure meds also I am a medic and can't remember what the signs of CHF are. Can I take a total of 60 mg with out any problem?
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Heart Failure
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: 40 mg. monitor BP and electrolytes Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and understood your concern. You can use lasix 40mg in morning instead of taking 60mg as the drug is a high efficacy drug the chance of becoming low BP is more with increasing the dose. You should monitor your BP and electrolytes level with increasing the dose. Hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask if any further queries and I will be glad to answer them. Regards