Is it safe to switch from Effexor to Brintellix?
User rating for this question
yes I have taken Effexor XR 300 mg for about 2 months, hate the drug, was prescribed Brintellix, can I switch without having to wean off the Effexor?
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes when prescribed by doctor Detailed Answer: Hi, I am sure your doctor had weighed the benefits and risks of newer drug Brintellix (Vortioxetine). This a very new atypical antidepressants. This should be much better than Venlafaxine (Effexor). You can switch the drugs without wait as the previous Effexor was taken only for 2 months. However I insist on following up with your doctor as it takes time to find and adjust the right dose of Brintellix. Thanks
People also viewed
- Is it safe to switch from effexor to brintellix
- Strained penis suspensory ligament
- Naturopathy for lichen planus pigmentosus
- Symptoms of a sprained periodontal ligament
- Snapping ligaments, stretch marks
- Is it safe to take effexor for fibromyalgia
- Can i switch to lexapro from effexor xr
- Drugs used to speed up puberty
- When i lift my shoulders they pop
- Is it safe to take nyquil and effexor together?
- Drugs for mouth ulcer
- Drugs to take for mouth odour
- Names of drugs for mouth odour
- Switching from pristiq to effexor
- Todays drugs prevention of motion sickness