Is it safe to switch from Effexor to Brintellix?
User rating for this question
yes I have taken Effexor XR 300 mg for about 2 months, hate the drug, was prescribed Brintellix, can I switch without having to wean off the Effexor?
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes when prescribed by doctor Detailed Answer: Hi, I am sure your doctor had weighed the benefits and risks of newer drug Brintellix (Vortioxetine). This a very new atypical antidepressants. This should be much better than Venlafaxine (Effexor). You can switch the drugs without wait as the previous Effexor was taken only for 2 months. However I insist on following up with your doctor as it takes time to find and adjust the right dose of Brintellix. Thanks
People also viewed
- Cervix orangish in color
- Vitamins list and what they do
- Is it safe to switch from effexor to brintellix
- Vitamin b1 b6 b12 benefits
- Cervix polyp and cramping
- Nuva ring infections cervicitis
- Is it safe to take effexor for fibromyalgia
- Ectropian cervix and chronic discharge
- Cervical spondylosis stomach problem
- Can i switch to lexapro from effexor xr
- Vitamin deficiency diseases table
- Is it safe to take nyquil and effexor together?
- Vitamin d deficiency lyme disease
- Wake up with numb feet
- Switching from pristiq to effexor